Lori Taylor-Davis is Smashbox’s global pro lead artist. You may recognize her from all the tutorial video’s on Smashbox’s website. I watch them all and have learned a lot from Lori’s tips and tricks. Lori has worked with celebrities such as Sandra Bullock, Kerry Washington, Sienna Miller, Paris Hilton, Taraji Hensen, Ice-Cube and so many more. She’s been featured on Extra!, The Today Show and more. She has beenleading the artistry world at fashion shows all around the world and Fashion Weeks.
Today she shares some of her beauty tips with us:
1. Recent Beauty Splurge: My most recent beauty splurge is definitely brushes. I tend to go through brushes a lot since I’m constantly working on set with makeup. I’m very fickle when it comes to great brushes. I love an all over foundation brush like Smashbox Foundation Brush #13 and a powder brush!
2. Foundation brush or Sponge? BOTH!! If the foundation brush is domed and if the sponge is a beauty blender I’d choose both. However, if it’s a regular sponge and foundation brush I’d choose foundation brush.
3. Song you are listening to on repeat: NEW Justin Bieber album! He’s so young but he is killing it!! Love the song “Sorry”.
4. Is contouring in or out? IN IN IN. Contouring done correctly with a natural finish is amazing! I love a cream contour by using a product like Smashbox’s Contour Stick Trio which allows you to create a creamy, sheer finish by wetting the sticks before application. Over contouring is out.
5. Makeup trend that everyone should try? Highlight! Definitely NOT strobing. Just a gorgeous, glowing highlight which instantly brings a lift to the cheekbone area and brightens the face. Everyone should try this trend.
6. Makeup up trend that you wish would die? Baking, strobing and anything that makes someone look like they have 4,000 pounds of makeup on!
7. Makeup product you wish was invented? Black, greasy, smokey eye product that looks wet but is dry and looks like vinyl on your lids.
8. Beauty tip that anyone can do: Applying blush on the apples of the cheeks. I think women don’t wear enough of it and it’s so easy to do yet so understated.
9. Best advice you have ever received? The importance of being a really great listener and being open. Don’t run away from criticism but take it in and learn from it.
10. Dream person to work with? I love working with fun and exciting people. I think Sofía Vergara would be a great person to work with.
11. Best Drugstore Buy? Loreal’s Voluminous Carbon Black Volume Building Mascara. Best $8.95 you’ll spend in your life!
12. Always in your fridge: Sparkling water and avocado. I literally eat avocado with everything!
Keep up with Lori on Instagram @LoriTaylorDavis